In our experience the sudden and often unexpected need to find a permanent Aged Care bed for a family member is one of the most stressful things that can happen in a family. Even if you knew it was coming people often feel completely unprepared and have no idea where to turn to for support to sort it all out. Fresh Financial is here to offer aged care financial advice for when it matters.
In a situation where a client is considering Aged Care and requires financial advice for themselves or a family member we can help in the following ways:
- Explain all the various Aged Care fees applicable to your specific situation.
- Calculate what the fees would be under their current situation and also for a couple of other scenarios – for example, sell the family home, keep it and rent it out, partner/carer remaining in the home etc.
- Consider a plan for meeting ongoing costs as well as the ongoing needs of a partner/dependent if applicable
- We offer a full Centrelink Nominee service – we become the Correspondence Nominee with Centrelink and handle all the forms, respond to their requests, even manage the process from end to end if you need a new Income and Asset assessment.
- We can become the Financial Manager nominee at the Aged Care facility if required – respond to their requests for information and updates. We cannot actually sign anything so cannot arrange direct debits or payment of invoices directly. We offer information, assistance and aged care financial advice only.
You may require some, or all, of the above services depending on their situation so our fees would vary by situation but as I know this is often one of the greatest barriers to people seeking financial advice I will provide the following guide:
- Aged Care discussion paper with scenarios and calculations – $1,540 inc gst (one time fee).
Ongoing management including Centrelink, Aged Care facility, support and advice would be calculated based on complexity but would always be agreed before-hand.
- We never surprise our clients with fees – they are always agreed before any obligation to pay is created.
We have prepared and reviewed many aged care services and offered aged care financial advice and plans at Fresh Financial, so we’re very confident in our understanding of the various rules and relevant issues. We are very familiar and comfortable with working through a Power of Attorney on a client’s behalf and helping that Power of Attorney meet their responsibility to act in the best interest of their loved one.
Fresh Financial Solutions, Financial Planners in UPPER FERNTREE GULLY & OUTER EAST MELBOURNE can assist you with your aged care financial services needs. Contact us on 03 9752 2992.
Comments are closed.